Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Tuesday December 25

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

From Santa, Gem and Pepper

day of rest - no blog today : )

Christmas Post Script:

OK there are a couple of things that just couldn’t go unsaid from today, as much as I wanted to declare it a no blog day. First of all, Liz and Greg we gracious enough to have invited us to a traditional Christmas dinner at their place (upstairs), as well as the 6 guests who were staying up the road at Palm Lodge. In addition to us, 8 of their friends joined us and we really hit it off with John and Sue, who own a sailboat that they charter for trips in the Caribbean. Their boat is called the Makayabella and Jill and I have decided that the next time we are ready for a Caribbean vacation we are gathering up our friends and sailing with John and Sue. I’m pretty sure that after this trip my friends will finally believe me that vacationing with Erin can never be dull so get your deposits in now for the sailing trip : ) After dinner, Jill and I shared a cab with John and Sue down to the harbor so we could pick up our repaired go kart that had been parked there since last night. This was actually the first time I rode in a taxi here the way it was meant to be ridden in (pardon my grammar….) – the taxis here are pickup trucks with benches in the back and the passengers sit in the open air in the back. Quite comfy, I must say, in addition to being quite scenic.

Luckily, the moke started up just fine, so we decided to celebrate by walking down the beach to the Frangi to check out the scene. The moment we arrived, we saw our new friend that we had made the night before, lets just call him “The German”. We noticed he was wearing the exact same clothes from the night before, but then again, Jill kind of was too. The major difference, however, was that Jill had showered. Clearly The German did not. The German was staying at a place called the Lower Bay Guest House for a whopping $26/ night, which means there was a community bathroom. Apparently it must have been out of water. But isn’t the ocean only 20 feet away? Anyhow, after 30 minutes of Jill and I talking to each other and him standing between us, I finally discovered (thanks to Noel’s keen observation) that The German was committing the worst Fashion Don’t in the book. Green Capri pants with black socks and Doc Martens. Noel discreetly mentioned it to me and just like Elle Woods I shrieked and said “Oh my gosh! You are committing a major Fashion Don’t” and pointed to his feet. It didn’t go over well. He explained to me why those were the only shoes he owned and that all Germans only wear those shoes, while I argued that lace-up shoes on a beach were totally impractical. He left shortly thereafter, and we shall forever hereafter refer to him as “The Stinky German”. Hope he’s not reading this, he really was a decent guy other than the fashion and soap challenges.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i need my daily blog please!

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN

Unknown said...

You'll LOVE New Year's Eve in Bequia. It's quite the experience with the sailboats from all over the world in the harbour sounding their horns at midnight of their home country. The upshot is to celebrate many times. Be at Frangi!! I'm envious.