Monday, December 17, 2007

Saturday

Saturday

I got quite a late start on Saturday but decided to head to Port Elizabeth to get some groceries and run some other errands since all the stores are closed on Sundays and this girl needs some snacks. I was a little surprised at 2 things: (1) a box of Cocoa Pebbles was 22 EC (about $10) and (2) milk comes in a box and is not refrigerated. I guess I heard about that crazy milk before but have never seen it in person. I can now check that off my lifetime to-do list. After stocking up on peanut butter, jelly, bread, ruffles and lots of fresh fruit, I gave myself another unintentional self-guided tour of the island and happened upon a very cute area called Mount Pleasant, which is where our next villa is located. I caught a glimpse of the villa up at the very top of the island and I must say the view from up there must be amazing. Can’t wait to see the sunrise and sunset from there given that it has a 360 degree view. Just thought I would rub it in for those of you who couldn’t make the trip J

Anyhow, the rest of Saturday was pretty hum-drum so I decided to nap, then head out for dinner. I parked by the Salty Dog and waved to my friend Andre then found the Frangiapani on my first try. I was so excited at my accomplishment that I quickly bellied up to the bar for an ice cold Carib as a hard-earned reward. The place was so darn cute with all the Christmas decorations yet it felt so wrong looking at them and listening to holiday music while on the beach. I’ll get over it I guess. I met a great couple (someone my age, finally) from San Fran, John and Paula, who are bareboating down the Grenadines. Given that the kitchen was already closed at the late hour of 8:15, we had to head elsewhere for dinner. We tried 2 other places and they were like “you better hurry, its getting late and the kitchen is closing!!” Are you kidding me?! We begged the staff at Mac’s to make us a lobster pizza, which they did, and we enjoyed some more Caribs and rum punch. They are returning to Bequia on Friday and we made a date for drinks. See, I already have a social life!

No comments: