Monday, December 17, 2007

Sunday, December 16

After having finished a fabulous breakfast on my private terrace consisting of some low-end carribean apple jacks (note that I didn’t splurge for the Cocoa Pebbles), yogurt and fresh, unbelievably good mango, Liz called and asked if I wanted them to take me for an island tour. Although I was dead set on finally heading to the beach, I decided to go in hopes that it would prevent another incident like Friday night. For those of you who don’t know how big Bequia is, here is a clue: we toured the entire island in 3 hours. And that included a stop at the store so I could pick up some rum and beer. I believe we covered all 20+ miles of main road on the island plus a whole lot of unpaved roads. The tour gave me some good ideas of places to go when my guests arrive but also unfortunately gave me a migraine headache. Rest of the day was spent on the couch watching football (nice snowstorm in Cleveland BTW), eating leftover lobster pizza and trying out a new recipe of pineapple surprise (MV girls know what that is!) – this time it is made with Guava/Pineapple juice. Love it. Then of course when it came time to go to bed I could NOT fall asleep, despite the choir of bug and bird humming noises and dogs barking that can be heard all over the island. Thankfully I am not near any roosters. I spent about an hour watching a firefly mating dance occur above my bed through my mosquito net. I’m not sure if I fell asleep before the dude firefly got his action or not but finally I dozed off.

1 comment:

Kristini said...

OH YEAH, pineapple surprise! I'm very jealous of your adventure and would like you to know that the big news here is that I bought new snow boots that have come in very handy since you left ... I know you're super sad to be missing the snow.