Sunday, December 30, 2007

Friday December 28

Moving Day

Our time in Spring has come to an end, but not a day too soon. At the beginning of my adventures, I didn’t mind the 15 minute drive every time I wanted to go somewhere and loved the scenery on the way, but now that we are preparing for more guests we need to maximize our play time and be closer to the “action” (that word is relative here!). Plus I was wanting some privacy, as I found that renting a place that is actually an apartment attached to where the owners live is not always as charming as one would hope. It just feels funny to know that someone is always there. That, combined with the constant voices in my head telling me never to go home, never quite made me feel like I was all alone here. Below is a picture of Liz and I before Jill and I packed up the moke with our loads of luggage to head to Mount Pleasant.




We were told that we could arrive at the new villa any time after 10 a.m., so we drove up promptly at 10:10, extremely pleased to find that our place is protected by a private electric gate which will hopefully deter the local paparazzi that has been following us around :) The owners Patriece and Ashleigh were here to greet us, provided a wonderful selection of fresh fruit and some homemade Bequia cake, and showed us around the property. The only word that continues to come to my mind to describe this place and this setting is spectacular. View from the patio on this, another GORGEOUS day, is below.



Exhausted from our big move, Jill and I decided to treat ourselves to another tuna melt sandwich at Da Reef. One thing that I learned quickly here but I think I previously failed to mention is that a “menu” at a restaurant is more of a “guideline” – it gives you an idea of what could possibly be available if all of the stars aligned for the owner that morning. Well apparently the tuna stars did not align this morning because they had actually inserted a new page in the menu that didn’t even have tuna on it. Only cheese or ham sandwiches. So, so, so disappointing. Luckily Lower Bay has lots of good beach bars so we just walked 100 feet over to Dawn’s Creole Café and I settled for chicken salad, Jill just had fries because she had her heart set on a tuna melt. We will definitely have to return to see if it makes it back on the menu. At Dawn’s we ran into our friend Emmett who entertained us for a bit. He informed us about the local thief, a charming young man who we saw on the beach scouting out some potential targets (at least that’s the story we are using to keep things interesting). See, that gate does come in handy!

After another stressful day at the beach, I was craving the chicken BLT from Salty Dog. We also needed to stop by there to check on our rum punch order, which I should have listed as the number one priority of the day. As usual, Andre and everyone there greeted us with a smile and great service. We left with our tummies full and a nice big bottle of punch. How can it get better than this?!

No comments: