Monday, December 24, 2007

Sunday December 23

Another GORGEOUS day today! If this keeps up my tanorexia is going to require professional help. After another relaxing morning at the pool I headed to Lower Bay, and today it really WAS the place to be. The key is to go on Sunday, now I know that. There were lots of families and kids playing on the beach and Da Reef was the center of the universe. I parked myself at the bar and looked around and saw pretty much everyone I have met on the island in the past week in one place. I chatted it up with Noel and some of his buddies and found out that Sondra left the island today and did make mention of the fact that I may have stood her up at the gym. Oh well, she isn’t the first person I ever stood up at the gym….. After a while I noticed my San Fran friends John and Paula sitting just a few seats down from me so we had a couple of drinks together. Too bad they are leaving tomorrow, I really had a good time with them.

Although I had originally intended to go home after the beach, another one of my new friends Emmett invited us to his place in Industry for pre-dinner drinks. I felt a little scummy in my bathing suit and yucky clothes but no one cares. It was quite the shindig out on his beautiful, huge patio, complete with my favorite h’ors d’oeuvres – oreos, pocpcorn and cheese and crackers. I was in heaven! And to top it off, all the kidlets were walking around having a great time serving it to us on trays. So cute. I met so many nice and very friendly people, most of whom I had run into at least once or twice before. I also learned, much to my surprise, that not just my friends back home are reading this blog!! I think I may have offended a couple of people with my comments about the furniture store and the furniture but I come from the land of Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel so I can’t help it. Hopefully I haven’t offended anyone else, and if I did just tell me and the next rum punch is on me :)

From there it was to the Crescent Beach Inn for the Full Moon BBQ Buffet. You would think by now I would stop being so impressed and amazed by the culture here but that’s not true. The band was playing, people were dancing and everyone in the place was having a great time. We ate at picnic tables on the beach under the full moon – my ticket was for the fish (you get a little paper ticket saying whether you get meat or fish) and it was another great meal. And I usually don’t even like fish. My favorite was the macaroni/potato bake thing. So very yummy, I could have eaten the whole pan of it.

Another great evening, totally unplanned. I really wish my camera wasn’t broken so I could share pictures ….

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN

Unknown said...

Y NO SCUBA DIVING;(FROM KEVIN