Friday, January 4, 2008

Wednesday January 2

Cocktail Party Day

About a week ago I decided that I needed a way to show my appreciation to all of my new Bequia friends and planned a little happy hour at our place. I wasn’t really sure if anyone would show up because of 2 problems: (1) I am so Mary Tyler Moore when it comes to throwing parties – this is pathetic to admit but I have been known to throw a party or plan a book club meeting (well, let’s be honest, it was a magazine club) and have no one show up and (2) the problem I told you earlier – you can never really remember what day it is here because it is like Groundhog Day, every day is the same: sun, sand, food and drink. Sleep. Repeat. Maybe that is why they have the Thursday night Jump Ups at the Frangi - it helps everyone keep track of what day it is! In any event, most of the people I invited did remember to come by and I’m pleased to say it was a success. I love that its not socially unacceptable here for one to throw a party while still in beach wear and to serve chips and salsa and oreos. Below is a picture with a few of my island friends. And also a picture of the storm that rolled in for a short visit.

King King, the gals with Chris (I can't remember their names!), Lisa, Chris, Noel, Suzanne and Emmett


We followed up the party with another great local dinner, this time at Sugar Hill right down the road. All of the Christmas lights from the lighting competition were up and our perfect view of them from the patio made for a beautiful scene.


\I had the lobster and luckily it wasn’t served the way it sometimes is where you have to wear a bib. Not that I’m against wearing a bib when necessary but I still would have felt a little goofy. I’ll throw a party in a bathing suit but would feel goofy wearing a bib. Odd.

Back to the story. It wasn’t until we were walking out that we discovered our old friend Frosty was part of the display, so we had to stop and get a photo. The grinch was also present but it wasn’t so easy to get to him….
Noel, Suzanne, Frosty, Erin and Jill

1 comment:

Emily Lamb said...

Any way to label the pictures so we know who everyone is?