Sunday, July 13, 2008

Who's Reading? Want a vacation like this?

Just curious who has been reading, is there anyone out there who doesn't know me, Suzanne or Paul? I would love to read your comments, the sign-in is disabled to please feel free to post anonomously! Also, believe it or not but vacations like my trips to St. Barts and Bequia are actually cheaper than hotel or resort vacations, and villa renting is more convenient than you may think. I rented Villa Finistere in Flamands, St. Barts, I mean St. Barth, and Blue Skies in Mount Pleasant, Bequia, and both exceeded my expectations. And for a non-resort-ish hotel/villa alternative, Tikaye Village in St. Lucia was fantastic. And oh yea, thanks to Kristi Comes, this fabulous home in Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard, my first experience with renting a home for a vacation, that was the one that kind of got me hooked. My sister Emily has recently started a business arranging trips like these to help take a lot of the guesswork out of the planning process. If you are planning to take a vacation and would like to make it out of the ordinary, send an email to iwantthatlife@rocketmail.com.

Oh yea, and one more thing, drivers and scooter peeps on St. Barts are crazy. Coming from a city of aggressive drivers, you would think I would be used to it, but not on those kinds of roads. They love to drive like 1 foot behind your car, even if you are going as fast as you can. We dubbed the female scooter peeps "scooter bitches" if that gives you any idea. Don't even think about renting one there unless you have no problem risking life and limb!